Athens Spitfire won this year’s Midget Girls championship in the Henderson County Girls Softball Association. They finished the season 10-0, which earned them first place. They played in the Spring Blast tournament in Chandler earlier in the season and took second. This week Spitfire is playing in the district tournament in Malakoff. The team consists of (back row, from left) Coach Tim Fuller, Savannah Wiggins, Bailee Stanfield, Cheyenne Robertson, Jaci Gray, Coach Keith Robertson, (front row, from left) Lexie Johnson, Madilynn Mathiews, Madison Fuller, Grayson Cain, Eden White and Joey White.
...OZONE ACTION DAY... The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) has issued an Ozone Action Day for the Dallas-Fort Worth area for Monday, September 26, 2022. Atmospheric conditions are expected to be favorable for producing high levels of ozone air pollution in the Dallas-Fort Worth area on Monday. You can help prevent ozone pollution by sharing a ride, walking, riding a bicycle, taking your lunch to work, avoiding drive-through lanes, conserving energy, and keeping your vehicle properly tuned. For more information on ozone: Ozone: The Facts (www.tceq.texas.gov/goto/ozonefacts) Air North Texas: (www.airnorthtexas.org) EPA Air Now (www.airnow.gov/index.cfm?action.local_state&STATEID=45&TAB=0) Take care of Texas (www.takecareoftexas.org) North Central Texas Council of Governments Air Quality (www.nctcog.org/trans/air/index.asp)
This Week's Circulars
- UPDATE: Area hiker’s body found in Nevada
- Malakoff to present 25th Cornbread Festival Saturday
- Whiskers & Wags Gala rolls out the red carpet
- Family Peace Project plans 10th Purple Purse Bingo
- A free medical clinic opened in rural East Texas. Thousands poured in for help.
- Sports: Mabank romps over Life Waxahachie
- Cowboys' Gallup, Giants' Thibodeaux, Ojulari xxxxxxxxx
- EPA discusses risk of ethylene oxide emissions
- Athens man honored with replacement of military medals
- Mabank mystifies in Canton loss
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.