Summer vacation ends for Athens Lady Hornet volleyball players with the start of workouts for the 2006 season.
Second-year Athens High School head volleyball coach Crystal Langley has announced the first workout will be at 8 a.m. Monday at the AHS gym. A second workout is set for 4 p.m.
Workouts Tuesday-Thursday will be at 4 p.m.
The Lady Hornets are scheduled to scrimmage Friday and Saturday in Eustace.
Langley said he hopes there is a large turnout of players (freshman through seniors) and would like to see around 100.
“I worry about our numbers and hope the girls will come out and want to be a part of an exciting season.”
The AHS varsity returns five players — two seniors and three juniors.
AHS is scheduled to open the season Tuesday, Aug. 15 at Jacksonville.
This Week's Circulars
Dink Carson was born September 11, 1933 in Payne Springs, Texas to William Earl Carson and Ruby Rhodes Carson. Named Enoch Jerome after his grandfather, the nickname Dink was mistakenly put on his birth certificate and never corrected. Dink passed away July 5, 2020 after a long illness. A gr…
- Governor Abbott Establishes Statewide Face Covering Requirement, Issues Proclamation To Limit Gatherings
- Texas triggers additional unemployment benefit extension period
- Freedom Fest 2020
- Local attorneys read Declaration express patriotism
- New 24-Hour Emergency Care Center opens in Canton
- Henderson County helps young mothers
- Payne Springs man arrested with meth
- KLVQ Athens cranks up with new sound
- Warbirds thunder over Cedar Creek
- Feel the thunder Cedar Creek Veterans host annual Air Show