Athens High School will honor its athletes Monday, March 27, at the annual Athletic Banquet. The banquet will be held at 6 p.m.
The event, which will take place at the high school gym, will be catered by Danny’s barbeque. Cost will be $10 for adults and $5 for children.The athletes’ meals will be provided by the athletic booster club.
Todd Dodge, who has led Class 5A Southlake Carroll to three state football championships in four seasons, will be the featured speaker. Dodge’s resume speaks for itself. He has a career record of 110-43 in 11 seasons. Twice his teams have been named “mythical” national champions, and has also has a national coach of the year trophy in his cabinet.
Please plan to attend and show your appreciation for these athletes’ hard work and dedication. We will be serving at 6, and the ceremony will begin at 6:30. Please “dress to impress” and make this a special night.
We would like to encourage all who attend to plan to stay until the conclusion to honor all athletes.
We will be handing out door prizes throughout the night. The prizes were generously donated by our community. A special thanks goes out to all who participated.
This Week's Circulars
William A. Brown passed away April 3, 2020 in Tyler, Texas. William (Bill) Brown was born October 26, 1926 in Attalla, Alabama, the son of Walter Edward Brown and Nancy Sartin. He proudly served in the United States Army Air Corps during WWII with the 1942nd Ordnance Ammunition Company (Avia…
- Fiery wreck shuts down Loop 7
- Cook, McCollister ready to make impact at TVCC
- County names new elections head
- Nuckolls leaving LaPoynor for Bullard ISD
- Horn, Cook named top athletes for Athens
- Malakoff advances to area with sweep of West
- East Texas pro Lee Livesay lives the largest in Lake Fork slugfest
- Mitchell turns 88
- Malakoff, Eustace receive softball superlative honors
- Texas GOP's voting restriction bill passes House
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.