Shortly before 10 a.m. this morning, a utility pole bearing three electric transformers behind Bel Air Elementary snapped. The fallen transformers sparked a fire, which burned the broken pole. The campus was vacated of employees, and members of the Athens Fire Department were quickly on the scene to ensure the fire did not spread to the building before burning out. A work crew from Oncor will begin repairs as soon as it is judged by the fire department to be safe to do so. There were no injuries.
- Deputies arrest two suspects in Cherokee Shores arson
- UPDATE: DA comments on school bus driver pre-trial
- Athens police alert to fraud
- Deputies arrest two for arson
- Brownsboro wreck kills two from area
- New pastor at Fellowship Baptist Church
- County prepares for roadwork
- Athens proposes lower tax rate
- More good news pours in for Athens
- Athens native catches record fish
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.