From Staff Reports
The Athens Review
The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is hosting free tax assistance through April 15.
The service is free, and the person does not have to be elderly or a member of AARP. Married couples must both be available at the tax site, unless one person is incapacitated.
All taxpayers should bring:
• Photo IDs for all taxpayers.
• A copy of any return for 2011.
• All tax-related income documents for 2012, such as: W-2s, 1099s, SSA-1999s.
• Social Security cards for all taxpayers and all dependents.
• Date of birth for all dependents and taxpayers.
• Detail for any itemized deductions.
Assistance will be available at the following locations:
• Seven Points – Mondays, 8 a.m. until noon. The Library at Cedar Creek Lake, 410 E. Cedar Creek Parkway.
• Malakoff – Wednesdays, 8 a.m. until noon. Senior Citizens Center, 503 N. Terry St.
• Athens – Fridays, 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., Trinity Valley Community College Liberal Arts Building, Lakeside Drive.