The Athens Review
Athens City Council
The Athens City Council will meet in regular session Monday at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the City Hall Annex
The agenda includes the following items:
• A public hearing and first reading of an ordinance concerning creation of site plan and rezoning of a tract at 405 Lindsay Street
from Office to Multi-Family Residential-5 Specific Use Provision. The property owner Babit, LLC is seeking the change to use the property for a veteran’s living center.
• A Public hearing and first reading of an ordinance concerning creation of site plan for a property owned by Jerry R. Vaught at 909 East Tyler St. The owner seeks to use the property for an office and retail center.
• A Public hearing and first reading of an ordinance concerning creation of site plan and rezoning of a property at 2621 U.S. Hwy. 175 East from Planned Development-1, Agriculture to Planned Development-1, Agriculture Specific Use Provision. The site plan on the property owned by Deborah Walker would allow the property to be used for education by the Athens Christian Preparatory Academy.
• To Consider a resolution approving Athens Economic Development Corporation’s Incentive Package for Med-Logics, Inc. and approving a Performance Agreement.
• To discuss and possibly consider authorizing a Designation Form appointing City Secretary Pam Watson as Fair Housing/Equal Opportunity/Section 504 Standards Officer for Texas Community Development Block Grant Program.
• To discuss and possibly consider authorizing use of the City Parking Lot for the 2013 Athens Farmers Market, as requested by D.J. Warren, Market Manager. The market will be located at the location each Saturday from May 4 to November 2 and also November 30.
• Discuss/consider authorizing a lease agreement with Carlon Dowell for Area 3B, Lot 6 at the Athens Municipal Airport.
The Board of Trustees for the Mabank Independent School District will be spotlighting the Men's Varsity Basketball Team during their regularly scheduled meeting on Mon. March 25. Plan and Explore Student recognition is also on the agenda.
Other agenda items include:
• Food service management company contract
• HS drill team constitution
• Out of state trips for DECA and Beta Club
• TASB local policy update
• Changing the date of the May 2013 board meeting
• Cancellation of the May election; due to unopposed candidates
• Workers comp renewal
The Board will meet in the Board Room, located at 310 Market St, Mabank.
The Athens Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors will meet Monday at 8:30 a.m. in the Derek D. Daniels Board Room of the Athens Partnership Center at 201 W. Corsicana Street.
According to the agenda the board will:
• convene in executive session for deliberations regarding economic development and real property;
• reconvene in open session to take any action resulting from the executive session and
• allow time for comments from the general public.