Special to the Review
The Athens Review
The Beef Cattle Show Team at Trinity Valley Community College came back from last week’s Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo with several awards.
The show team was involved in the Open Charolais Cattle division of the show, which was held on Feb. 26.
“Our students represented TVCC extremely well,” said show team sponsor Marc Robinson.
The team brought home several first-place awards in various categories.
Cheyenne Ross of Canton, showing TVCC MS Impressive 1209P, took first place in the Junior Heifer Calves class.
Baleigh Haynie of Kemp took first place and reserve division champion in the Late Summer Yearling Females Class. She was showing TVCC MS Supreme Maker 1128P.
Also bringing in a first-place award and reserve division champion was Mackie Carter of Martins Mill. While showing TVCC MS Legend 1104, she took the honors in the Early Junior Yearling Heifers class.
Also, the entire team took third place in the Charolais Good Herdsman Award competition. The competition ranks teams based on the general appearance of their exhibit, the care of their livestock and general sportsmanship.
Other awards received at the show included:
· 2nd place, Junior Heifer Calves class – Taylor Brown of Palestine (show team captain) – showing TVCC MS Impressive 1213P;
· 2nd place and reserve division champion, Senior Heifer Calves – Trinity Malone of Wills Point, showing CLINK MS 124 Gunner 5036 H2P;
· 2nd place, Junior Yearling Females class – Cheyenne Ross of Canton – showing TVCC MS Jacqueline 1107;
· 2nd place in the Two-Year-Old Bulls class – Ashley Reeder of Mabank – showing TR PZC Impressive Fire 0792 ET;
· 3rd place in the Senior Heifer Calves class – Cheyenne Pool of Canton – showing CLINK MS 128 Shock & Awe 0482P.