The Athens Review
Thursday, March 28
• CCL 49er’s Senior Citizens Club will host an Easter dance and every Thursday night from 7–9:30 p.m. dancing to classic Western Music will be played by Chuck and the 49er’s band. Atmosphere is very friendly. No alcohol or smoking. Cost is $6 at the door. New addition, C/W dance lessons from 6–7 p.m Thursdays. You’ll find us in Seven Points, off Hwy. 334, 2 blocks south on Arnold Hills Road. You may phone or fax us at 903-432-3552.
• Starting today and every Thursday at 9 a.m. a Line Dance class will be held at the Henderson County Senior Citizen Building, 3344 Hwy 31 East, Athens. Whether you would like to learn or you like to dance come out and join the group. It is a great form of exercise and a wonderful opportunity to meet new people. Wear comfortable shoes or sneakers and bring a water bottle. Cost is $5. For information please call 903-670-3324.
• The Henderson County Beef Cattle Committee will present its annual Cattlemen’s Cow Calf Clinic at 3 p.m. at the Henderson County Regional Fair Park Complex. Cost of the event is $15, which includes a catered BBQ dinner and 1.5 CEUs which will be available for producers with pesticide applicator’s licenses.
• Trinity Valley Community College will host a financial aid workshop from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event will take place inside the Student Success Center, which is located on the third floor of the Baugh Technology Center on the Athens campus. Staff from the college's financial aid department will be available to answer questions about financial aid and assist in filling out the 2013-14 FAFSA application. Those who attend should bring their 2012 tax return (students who are dependents should also bring their parents tax return). For more information about the workshop, contact the TVCC Financial Aid Office at 903-675-6233.
• Members of Athens First United Methodist Church will present a Living Last Supper at 7 p.m. in the Church Activities Building. Those attending will sit in groups at tables, and take turns serving each other the Lord's supper.
Friday, March 29
• A Good Friday program will be conducted at the Church of the Living God on U.S. Highway 175 in Athens at 7 p.m. It will be given by the Hospitality. It will be an everlasting event in your life. All are welcome.
Saturday, March 30
• A giant flea market will be staged at 7 a.m. at 910 Needmore St. in Athens. Rental spaces are $25. Proceeds go to the scholarship fund. For more information about this event sponsored by the Fisher High Alumni Association, contact Barbara Handy at 903-880-7475 or Jimmie Johnson at 903-681-7574.
Sunday, March 31
• Community Easter Cantata will be staged at sunrise, 7 a.m. at Stone Oak Ranch in Murchison. The 30-minute Easter celebration presents “Rise Again” by First Baptist Church and First United Baptist Church of Murchison. Everyone is welcome to share the resurrection morning in the outdoors (inside if inclement weather). Directions: From State Highway 31 in Murchison, go north from the Post Office on North Front Street, turn right on CR 3807/Bankhead Street, go around the bend and Stone Oak Ranch on the right. For additional information, call 903-714-2747 or 903-469-3885.
Monday, April 1
• Henderson County Senior Citizens will sponsor a country western dance at the Senior Citizens Center on State Highway 31 East in Athens from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. All ages are welcome. Music will be provided by the Hwy. 31 Band.
Friday, April 5
•The Cedar Creek Lake Garden Club will meet at 1 p.m. at Lowe's Home Center, 201 West Main Street, Gun Barrel City. The program, "Growing with Succulents," will be presented in the Garden Center by Lowe's staff. Individuals interested in making new friends and learning about succulents are cordially invited to attend. Please contact Gail Haynes at 903-498-6544 for additional details.