Special to the Review
Athens Daily Review
TYLER — East Texas Communities Foundation is accepting scholarship applications for its various scholarship funds.
Deadline for submission is March 1, 2013. All applications and eligibility criteria are available at www.etcf.org/available_scholarships.htm.
For more information, please call Mary Lynn Smith at 903-533-0208 or log on to our website at www.etcf.org.
The scholarships being offered relating to Henderson County area students are this year are:
• David G. and Jacqueline M. Braithwaite Scholarship for Vocational/Technical Study in Medically Related Fields: For East Texas students pursuing a vo/tech AA degree or certificate in a medically related field. Amount: $1,500 — renewable for the length of the program;
• David G. and Jacqueline M. Braithwaite Scholarship in Chemistry: For East Texas graduating seniors majoring in chemistry. Amount: $3,000 — renewable for three years;
• David G. and Jacqueline M. Braithwaite Scholarship in Medicine, Biotechnology, and Veterinary Medicine: For East Texas graduating seniors who plan to major in biology, mathematics, engineering or a related field which will allow them to pursue a career in medicine, veterinary medicine, or biotechnology. Amount: $3,000 — renewable for three years;
• J.M. Braithwaite TJC Nursing Scholarship: For East Texas student pursuing a nursing degree at Tyler Junior College. Amount: $1,000 — renewable;
• Dr. Elbert H. Caldwell Scholarship: For an East Texas resident wishing to pursue a career in a medically related field, with preference for nursing. Amount: $2,500 — renewable scholarship;
• East Texas Geological Society Scholarship: For a student pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in geology in the State of Texas. Must be a sophomore, or higher, in college at time of application. Amount: $1,500 — renewable for a total of two years;
• Betty and Roy Erickson Scholarship: For graduating seniors from an East Texas High School. Amount: $1,000;
• Chris Lyon Memorial Scholarship: For art majors at the University of Texas at Tyler. Amount: $1,000;
• Natural Gas Society of East Texas Scholarship: For Texas college students at the undergraduate or graduate level who have declared a major in a field of study which directly relates to the energy industry. Amount: $1,000;
• Leslie Reid Memorial Scholarship: For any female Henderson County senior who has participated in horse shows in Henderson County. Amount: $1,000;
• Smith County Baptist Ministers Scholarship: For dependent children of ordained ministers serving congregations that are members of the Baptist General Convention of Texas. Amount: To be determined;
• Sherilyn A. Willis, M.D. Medical Scholarship: For a student attending medical school in the State of Texas. Amount: $500;