- In the News
Police: Child’s death ‘tragic accident’
Corsicana — Corsicana Police Chief Randy Bratton said Thursday there is no indication that the shooting death of 2-year-old Kinsler Davis was anything but a “tragic accident.”
BREAKING NEWS -Jodi Arias convicted of first-degree murder
PHOENIX (AP) — Jodi Arias was convicted of first-degree murder Wednesday in the gruesome killing of her one-time boyfriend in Arizona after a four-month trial that captured headlines with lurid tales of sex, lies, religion and a salacious relationship that ended in a blood bath
Uncle of slain East Texas girl arrested in killing
GREENVILLE, Texas (AP) — An uncle of an East Texas girl last seen alive getting off a school bus has been charged in her 2012 slaying.
- SLIDE SHOW -Car Show-Krawfish Boil The Cedar Creek Lake Area Chamber of Commerce hosted a Car Show on Saturday, May 4. The Cedar Creek Lake Kiwanis Club held a Krawfish Boil during the car show.
REGION XIV SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT: Headed to nationals
The Trinity Valley Community College Lady Cardinals held on Saturday afternoon over the Paris Lady Dragons, 7-5, to advance to their first national tournament appearance in the program's five year history.
This kid wants to wash your car — all by himself
Grant Parker is ready to do whatever it takes to fulfill the Great Commission. Even if that means washing a bunch of vehicles by himself.
- Showin’ off our support! Tuesday was “Go Blue Day” in Henderson County, and hundreds of residents and businesses wore blue shirts to make a statement in support of child abuse prevention. Check out all the businesses that got on board with this awesome cause.
- SLIDE SHOW -CCL Rotary Golf Tournament The Rotary Club of Cedar Creek Lake held it's 10th annual Golf Tournament on Friday. The tournament was held at Pinnacle Golf Course. Three teams tied for first place.
EDITORIAL: We’ve never been so happy to be blue
It isn’t unusual for us to turn on the television and see tragedies like the Boston Marathon bombings and comfort ourselves by thinking, “That kind of stuff doesn’t happen here.” We have no such comforts when it comes to child abuse in Henderson County.
BREAKING NEWS: County music legend George Jones dies at 81
George Jones, the peerless, hard-living country singer who recorded dozens of hits about good times and regrets and peaked with the heartbreaking classic "He Stopped Loving Her Today," has died. He was 81.
- More In the News Headlines
- Police: Child’s death ‘tragic accident’