- In the News
A look at the practicalities of AISD’s 2015 campus realignment
Athens ISD board members’ approval of the proposed campus realignment comes one full year in advance of the decision’s effective date. The timing gives the public as well as district staff and administration opportunity to adjust and prepare for the change.
- A look at the practicalities of AISD’s 2015 campus realignment
- Local News
Girls from LaRue shave their heads to make a difference
The statistics are alarming. More children are lost to cancer in the United States than any other disease. Before they turn 20, about one in 285 children in the U.S. will have cancer. Worldwide, a child is diagnosed every three seconds.
Four girls from LaRue have taken a stand against these numbers, and have shaved for the brave.
Bailey Ficco, Mary Ficco, Elizabeth Coats and Emma Shepherd headed to Boston on Saturday, July 27 for an event to help raise money for cancer research.
- Tracks lead to alleged thieves of TVEC property
- Alzheimer’s forum to teach about disease
- Give-and-take session to discuss problem of underage drinking
- July proves cooler in 2014
- Girls from LaRue shave their heads to make a difference
Serial killers an interesting group of people
I don’t mean to scare you - at least not for the wrong reasons.
One of the reasons my wife, Jean and I married is that we liked many of the same things. That includes entertainment. And that further means, the same kind of movies.
Many times we have found ourselves going to theaters to see Stephen King movies, such as “Carrie,” “Misery,” and the list is just too long to mention here.
- Rolling into something new
- Fanfare is a time to prepare for another season
- The greatest country in the world has hungry children
- Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase
- Serial killers an interesting group of people