- In the News
Realignment coming to Athens ISD
The Athens Independent School District school board approved campus realignment Monday that will go into effect for the 2015-16 school year.
- Realignment coming to Athens ISD
- Local News
McDonald’s coming to Mabank
The corner of North First Street and North Third Street in Mabank is about to look a lot different as a construction crew broke ground Monday.
A formal ceremonial groundbreaking will be held within the next week to welcome McDonald's to the location just off of Highway 175.
- Funeral held for 15-year-old drowned Eustace student
- PSCA seeks new student enrollment
- Lightfoot-Miller Cemetery to dedicate historical marker
- ‘Party for the Paws’ event great success
- McDonald’s coming to Mabank
Running under the lights
The second year of the Cain Center 5K Glow Run had two high school runners as the champions.
- Looking for a championship
- Athens 9U All-Stars return to World Series in Longview
- Garrett Conley named honorable mention all-state by TXSWA
- Sanders wraps up high school career with win
- Running under the lights
Rolling into something new
She did it.
My baby girl rolled over for the first time this past week while daddy and mommy were watching closely.
As other major news broke across the county, watching my baby roll over for the first time was by far the biggest news of the week for me. Odd.
- Fanfare is a time to prepare for another season
- The greatest country in the world has hungry children
- Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase
- It was a week in the depth of heat, then cooler
- Rolling into something new