- In the News
AISD buses collide
Responders assist students who were passengers on Athens Independent School District buses that collided after school on Wednesday. The driver of one of the buses was transported to East Texas Medical Center with unspecified injuries while the students were taken to the emergency room for evaluation.
- AISD buses collide
- Local News
The Henderson County Sheriff’s Office reports that a large quantity of fireworks taken from a stand just outside of Athens have been recovered, and arrests are expected in the case.
According to Sheriff Ray Nutt, HCSO learned on Tuesday morning that Jake’s Fireworks Stand on State Highway 19 south had been burglarized.
- Chandler to end septic dumping
- Brownsboro ISD adding eight courses
- Water authority sues Athens
- School buses collide in Athens
- Arrests expected
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Hooker: “The future is very bright”
Injuries at key positions quickly derailed a promising season for the Brownsboro Bears under the direction of first-year head coach Jason Hooker.
- HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL: Heading to the tournament
- JUNIOR COLLEGE BASKETBALL: TVCC hoops hosting events this Friday night at Cardinal Gym
- 12/12/13 EAST TEXAS FISHING REPORT
- ATHENS BASKETBALL: Still perfect
- HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Hooker: “The future is very bright”
Ignoring child abuse problem won’t make it go away
For those of you that might have missed it, this past week the Athens Review has been running a series of stories titled “Girl in the Closet.”
- JOE ELERSON: Big Tex again proves he’s much larger than life
- Enough about me — these folks really matter
- They just don’t make them like they used to, do they Art?
- Is there a better guy alive than Jayson Larson?
- Ignoring child abuse problem won’t make it go away